Monday, October 11, 2010

My Special Netball Day By Megan

In a very exciting weekend I went the first netball game of the season. It was the morning of the netball game which I had forgot with my pea sized brain. My brother came into my room and kept whispering Megan Megan Megan until I woke up. I decided to sleep in, I don't know why because I would usually get up and turn the T.V on, but I still just stayed in bed. about three minutes later Mum came in and said in a hurry ''you need to get ready for netball.'' and I said ''O.K'' I walked quickly to the hall through the lounge and then in to have breakfast. For breakfast as usual I had weet-bix with brown sugar. I thought that this time they tasted a it bit yuck. After that I had a shower and put on my new netball uniform. I think it was quite fancy, it looked liked it could be used for a netball team called posh. Then I got told that I had to get my bag together and put all my stuff in it and I was player of the day so of course I had to bring the lollies. I did this all as quick as I could because I thought I would be late for the netball game but in fact I had to wait for all my other team mates to get to the netball courts. I sat on the computer playing some confusing and animated games on the computer and a little while later I announced it was time to go. Once we had got to the te pai courts I had to wait for a couple of my team mates. We did some laps around the courts and then the two minutes warning came on the speaker for our game to start. We walked to the court we were playing on, got into our places the whistle blew and we were off. we got the ball manage to get it pass WK got it into our goal and then got a goal we had a tough GD and a very good GK we were so excited after the goal we ran back into our places and then the whistle blew again the other team threw the ball it went off side summerland ball yes I screamed in my head I threw it to our WA then she threw it to GD on our team and then oh no her defender was to fantastically good that we just couldn't get it in the end they got a goal it seemed like a very long time between the whistle and the goal. I was correct it was because just after the half time bell rung it had already been half and hour since we started! This time we had the ball the lucky ball the ball was going so quickly from each team mate to the other and before we knew we got a goal "yes" I said in my head yet another time the first netball game and the best! I was their ball they had it down to their GA and then down to their GS and then the had a goal before you could even have your GD put their arms up we had a slow goal this time we passed it to WA and then she fell over and when your on the ground you can't throw the ball and if you don't throw the ball you will have given the ball to the other team because you hold it for more than three seconds. So the other team go the ball but got confused on who their team mates were so they threw to the wrong person and we got a goal! Just after the bell rung and we had won it we had won it all!
We were all so happy and after we got a crunchie bar each because we won!
The end the sweet crunchie bar end
By Megan

2 comments:

Twelve2010 said...

I can Imagine how exiting it would be!!

Heymilly said...

Great recount Megan. I like the way that you had a great order to the story. I would like to see you keep an eye on your capital letters after full stops and for the names of places please! Carefully edit your work before it's posted! I wish I could have made it to this game to see you win. The game before was such a great game to watch!
Miss Signal